Office of International Affairs (OIA),
as SNU's headquarter for developing and promoting its international programs and initiatives,
welcomes all students and scholars to SNU's vibrant intellectual community.

COVID-19

Submission Requirement of PCR Test Result (Negative) for All Overseas …

페이지 정보

Date21-01-15 10:58 Hit4,511

본문

- Effective January 8, 2021 (KST), all foreign passengers arriving in the Republic of Korea must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test.

- (Existing) All foreign passengers must conduct a PCR test within 72 hours before departure and submit a negative PCR test during airport quarantine.

- (Change as of Jan 29) All foreign passengers must submit a negative PCR test issued within 72 hours before the departure date during airport quarantine.

Airlines will not board passengers without this negative PCR test result.

☞ See comprehensive information on entry to Korea: click

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1. Can the PCR test results be submitted in a language other than Korean or English?

◯  NO. The test result issued from the testing organization agency at the country of departure must be in English (or Korean).

◯ If the result cannot be issued in English or Korean, supplemental translated certificates certifying the translation must be submitted along with the PCR test result.

*The translation must be notarized or from an official translation agency.

2. What is meant by the “PCR” test?
◯ PCR is commonly described as follows: PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction), RT-PCR or qRT-PCR (Real-Time Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction), etc.

3. When should the PCR test be taken?

◯ All foreign airline passengers arriving the ROK are required to test negative for the coronavirus within 72 hours prior to the departure date*

* (EX) If your flight departs on the 10th of January 2021 at 10am, only documents issued after 12am on the 7th of January will be accepted.

4. If my flight transits in another country, will I need to take another PCR test?
Passengers who travel from Country A and transit in Country B before arriving in Korea are required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued in:

- Country A if they have transited in Country B without entry (i.e no immigration clearance at Country B) OR
  - Country B if they have transited in Country B with entry (i.e immigration clearance at Country B)

5. If my flight transits in Korea, but I do not enter the country, am I required to present a negative PCR test result?
◯ Passengers transiting in Korea without entry (i.e no immigration clearance) are not required to provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test result.

6. How should I submit the PCR Negative Test Result if it was received online?
◯ If the passenger received the test result by email, they are required to print it and present to the airline personnel and quarantine authorities in hard copy.

◯ The test result certificate should include information such as name of traveller (as per passport), passport number, name of test taken, test result, date of application (test date), etc.

7. What are the regulations regarding entering ROK without a PCR test? And who does this requirement apply to?
◯ Foreigners who do not fulfill this requirement will be denied entry. (all foreign nationals)

◯ The measure will also apply to South Korean nationals arriving from UK and South Africa. They will be required to quarantine at a government-designated facility at their own expense for 14 days. The nightly cost at these facilities could range from $100 to $150 USD per night (approximately $1,400-$2,100 USD total) depending on various factors, and prices are set by the Korean authorities.

8. Which countries have been designated specific testing facilities?
◯ As of 7th January 2021, passengers from Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, the Philippines, Nepal and Uzbekistan are required to obtain the PCR test certificate from a testing facility that has been approved by the Korean Government. The designated testing facilities can be found on the relevant embassy webpages.

◯ This requirement does not apply to nationals of countries that are not listed above.

※ This has been translated into English for the convenience of users. The OIA is not legally responsible or liable for any differences that may arise between the original Korean version of the document and the translation in English.​